Online video is a hot topic!
You Tube viewers are now watching 100 million videos per day and research has proven that your potential clients are more than twice as likely to watch a video that tells them about your services than read the text on your website.
Are you creating video content that captures the attention of this audience?
There are many topics for which you can create simple videos that can be used to market your pet sitting business online. Here are a few ideas:
- Filming yourself or your sitters playing with clients pets during a visit
- Filming yourself describing how your pet sitting service works
- Film yourself interviewing clients about their experiences using your service (video testimonials)
- Film yourself talking about yourself! For use on your about us website page. (Don’t forget to tell people why you do what you do and your business vision).
- Film yourself at a community event or Yappy hour
Pet Sitting Business Video Example
Here’s an example of a video specifically created to promote pet sitters:
Video is now easier than ever to create. You can produce your own videos with an inexpensive hand-held video recorder, a digital camera, or a webcam on your computer.
If you prefer to be behind the scenes rather than in front of the camera it is also possible to create simple power point slide presentations and convert these into video using free online software such as http://www.authorstream.com/.
Once your videos are created you can publish them on:
- YouTube – create your own channel to allow users to subscribe to you
- Your own pet sitting website
- Your social media pages – Facebook/Twitter
- Your blog
You can also use a free online video distribution service such as TubeMogul.com to quickly distribute your videos to other video hosting sites.
To get the most exposure for your videos you want them to be ranked well by the search engines such as Google. To SEO your videos make sure that you include the search engine keywords that you want to rank for in the title and description of the video.
If you feel stuck and are not sure of the right keywords to use – take a look at the keywords used on well ranking videos produced by other pet sitters or pet service providers on YouTube are using.
One last great tip for video exposure – post a comment on popular pet videos on YouTube and attach one of your videos in your comment. Everyone that looks at that video will see yours.
As long as your content is related to the video that you comment on – users will be attracted to open your video as well to get more information.
Are You Currently Using Videos To Promote Your Pet Sitting Business?
Pet Sitters: If you are already promoting your pet sitting business through the use of video, let us know by sharing a link below.